Denver Business Lawyer with More than Two Decades of Professional Knowledge and Experience
Attorney Thode is the founder and managing partner of Denver Business Lawyers. For more than 22 years, he has helped clients navigate business law cases. As a seasoned business lawyer, Attorney Thode is not only comfortable in the courtroom, but he is also a skilled mediator.
His practice areas include:
- Complex Property Division
- Business Valuation
- Marital & Premarital Agreements
- Other Family Law Matters, Including Divorce, Child Custody, etc.
Education & Experience
Attorney Thode received his Juris Doctorate from The George Washington University Law School in Washington, D.C., and received special recognition for his trial advocacy skills. He has practiced law in Colorado since 1997. He has appeared before the U.S. Supreme Court, the 9th, 10th, and D.C. Circuits (the federal court of appeals), and numerous state district courts throughout Colorado.
He is also a Certified Mergers & Acquisitions Advisor (CMAA) and Certified Business Intermediary (CBI).
Before attending law school, Bill graduated cum laude from the University of Colorado at Denver with a Bachelor of Science in Economics.
Awards & Associations
Over the past two decades, Mr. Thode has received several awards and accolades in the legal community for his expert advocacy and skill in Denver business law. Some of Bill's honors include:
- 2018 - Lifetime Achievement Award, America's Top 100 Attorneys
- 2017 - Top 100 Lawyers, The National Advocates
- 2016 - Premier 100, National Academy of Jurisprudence
- 2016 - Best Business Litigator - Colorado
- 2015 – Premier 100 Trial Attorneys, The American Academy of Trial Attorneys
Mr. Thode is also an active member of the legal community and is involved in the following associations:
- Colorado Bar Association
- CBA – Family Law Section- Business Law and Litigation Sections
- Denver Bar Association
A native Coloradan, Mr. Thode lives in Denver with his wife, Fabiola, and the youngest of their four children (and her wolf). He enjoys spending time with his family, exercising, and reading. He is also the founding member and keyboardist of the Denver-based rock and roll tribute band, “Hold the Line.”