Commercial Litigation Lawyer in Denver
Proven Record of Success
Even a well-run business will eventually be involved in some form of litigation. It is a normal part of doing business. Since 1997, Denver Business Lawyers has successfully represented businesses and business owners in many hundreds of cases in federal and state courts throughout Colorado and several other western States.
Our Denver commercial litigation attorney has extensive experience handling all types of business cases, including:
- Contract disputes
- Labor/employment disputes
- Government/regulatory actions
- Intellectual property disputes
- Class action lawsuits
- Antitrust/trade issues
- Product liability cases
- Environment torts and securities-related cases
Call us today at (303) 500-1484 for a free evaluation of your legal issue.
The Stages of a Commercial Lawsuit
If you are about to take part in a lawsuit, you may be wondering what to expect as your case progresses.
A commercial litigation case may pass through several stages, including:
- Investigation: the plaintiff investigates if there is enough evidence for a claim, the defendant seeks to understand the accusations they need to defend against, and both parties can interview witnesses, collect documents, and try to negotiate
- Pleadings: the plaintiff drafts and files a complaint in court, while the defendant prepares a response to the complaint, files a motion to dismiss the complaint, or files counterclaims against the plaintiff
- Discovery: the longest stage of the litigation process, this is where both parties exchange relevant information to the case, which can involve sending written questions, preparing depositions, and analyzing documents
- Pre-trial: each party develops a case strategy, retains witnesses and experts, prepares trial exhibits, and drafts pre-trial motions
- Trial: the plaintiff will try to prove the claims laid out in the complaint before a judge and jury, each party will have the opportunity to present evidence, and the court will decide how to resolve the dispute
- Settlement: while many cases settle before trial, those that go to trial will be given a decision by the judge, who will also determine how any damages should be remedied
- Appeal: the losing side may file a request for another court to review the trial court’s decision
We’re Ready to Go to Court
At Denver Business Lawyers, we understand the importance of settling disputes quickly and inexpensively. That is why we always work to help our clients resolve their legal disputes in the earliest possible stage. When attempts at negotiations fail, our Denver commercial litigation lawyer is prepared to aggressively represent your case in court.