Mergers & Acquisitions Lawyer in Denver
Effective Legal Counsel for Your Vital Business Transactions
If you are looking for a firm that can help you close a merger or acquisition deal efficiently and effectively, turn to Denver Business Lawyers. With over 21 years of experience, our Denver mergers and acquisitions attorney has the depth of knowledge and practical skills necessary to guide your transaction through to completion.
We can help you with a variety of forms of mergers and acquisitions transactions, including:
- Traditional acquisitions
- Divestitures and mergers
- Joint ventures
- Management buy-outs
- Section 338 elections
To schedule a free consultation with a trustworthy business lawyer, contact (303) 500-1484 today.
What Is a Merger?
A merger happens when two or more separate companies combine to form a single company.
What Is an Acquisition?
An acquisition is the purchase of one company (the target) by another company (the acquirer). Acquisitions occur through the purchase of the stock or other equity interests of the target company or through the purchase of all or a certain amount of the target company’s assets. Here are the differences:
Stock purchases. This is where the acquirer buys the shares of the target company from its shareholders. As a result, the acquirer takes on all of the target company’s assets as well as its liabilities.
Asset purchases. The acquirer buys some or all of the assets of the target company. The acquirer need not purchase all of the target company’s assets, but rather has the option to choose which assets and liabilities to take.
An experienced mergers and acquisitions lawyer can help you understand the advantages and disadvantages of these two purchases.
What Does a Mergers & Acquisition Lawyer Do?
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) is a branch of corporate law that helps companies that are purchasing and/or merging with other companies. A mergers and acquisitions lawyer helps clients in the following ways:
- Identify the client’s business objectives and any potential legal issues.
- Provide negotiation and legal advice.
- Build a “road map” for the client from start to finish, including a timeframe.
- Determine any tax implications.
- Obtain third-party consents from lenders or parties to other contracts.
- Negotiate an agreement, sign, announce, and close the deal.
Professional Mergers & Acquisitions Services
Whether you are seeking to bring two separate companies together to form a larger one (merger), or you are involved in the process of one business buying another (acquisition), it is crucial to have a skilled business attorney on your side.
Besides offering comprehensive legal advice throughout the entire process, our legal professionals can:
- Prepare preliminary documents, such as letters of intent, MOU’s, and term sheets
- Perform legal due diligence review of potential liabilities
- Provide financing arrangement services
- Analyze tax and transaction structure to maximize benefits
- Draft deal documents, including purchase agreements, title transfer documents, consulting agreements, and non-competes
- Handle post-closing and transitional activities
Who We Serve
At Denver Business Lawyers, we serve a diversified portfolio of corporate clients. Our Denver mergers and acquisitions lawyer can help you with your transaction no matter the type, size, or complexity of your business.